Video – highlights from 2021
30 Years of Collaboration
How we began
Coolheat began together with RFA agencies over three decades ago, and in the early 1990s became its own entity; Coolheat Cycle Agencies. It began with a passion for acquiring cycle parts in South Africa!
The entrepreneurial Stephen Meltzer took shipment of his first container of Shimano parts where the business started in the heart of Johannesburg city. Coolheat later moved to the Top star drive-in, then to Paulshof and eventually moving to our own premises in Longmeadow Business Estate in Edenvale. Coolheat is a family owned distribution business which is focussed on providing close partnerships with our suppliers and our customers. The old family vision of service is what the business has been striving for for years, although our current world situation has made this a little bit more challenging of late.
- Top Booth award at Argus Cycle Tour Expo for 3 years – 2015-2017
- Shimano Uber mechanic for Johannesburg’s biggest timed cycling event, Ride Joburg- 2015
- Coolheat dealer incentive tour to Japan – 2012
- International Shimano Distributor meeting held in Johannesburg – 2011
- Official Technical Support Partner for the ABSA Cape Epic – 2005 -2006
Coolheat aims to move upwards in our current times through partnering with the right people, and events who enable a sense of community, and uplifting the smaller lesser ‘un known’ out there, focussing on the youth particularly at a more grass roots level. As they are the future of our world today, and this is the at the heart of our colabs!